Friday, November 20, 2020

Things that hurt my heart volume 1.

The sound of my son sobbing because he doesn’t agree with me about my views on violence/bullying. He feels that if he is getting pushed around he should react with more force than they are giving. I feel he should protect himself, yes, but that violence should NEVER beget violence. I believe he should protect himself and walk away wiser than when they began.


He believes that if he’s being mugged he should fight back with intention to harm. I believe he should hand over his wallet, strip naked if he has to, but to get out alive.

That’s all living is, getting out alive. I don’t want his heart to burn like coal angry and hot and ready to bleed. I want him to focus more on loving and living.

There’s never a good enough reason to harm or hurt. Ever. Protecting yourself to get out alive, yes. Protecting yourself but believing an eye for an eye? No. Never.

Karma sorts shit out and God is the ultimate judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment