Saturday, November 21, 2020

Big Distraction Pt. 1

We're reading on my loveseat. Our shoes a scattered heap beneath us and my feet are tucked in behind  you. My dress leaves my legs exposed and you periodically run your hands down my shins to warm them up. The sun has start to set behind the buildings leaving the sun room darker and darker until we can no longer stand to strain our eyes to see. Pushing my glasses up over my hairline, I place my book down beneath the arch of my legs and stop your hand as it slides down my shin again.

You place your book on the arm of the chair and turn towards me, both of your hands wrap behind my knees and pull me closer to you. Whispers of actions not yet passed leave your mouth and heat my ears as my telltale flush creeps down from my ears, cheeks and my chest. My hands rest on your lower back as  you lean into me.

Satchmo croons lightly in the background, the brash brassiness of the horns brings us back to the moment. You scoop me up into your arms, my legs around your waist. We sway some to "La Vie en Rose" before we land backwards back on the loveseat, we laugh as we untangled ourselves from the heap we'd created. You reaches over and push some of the hair back off my face back into my ponytail and pull my face towards yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment