Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Is this just a dreamlike state?

I am not responsible for how you react to my actions, my words.

And you are not responsible for how I react to life.

I am allowed to wallow in pleasure.

I am allowed to appreciate the sense of touch, smell, taste...

I am allowed to curl into myself and acknowledge my grief of a life I spent a third of my life cultivating, praying for the best.

I am allowed to close my eyes, face in the sun, embracing what little bit of serotonin pops like popcorn in my brain.

I don’t need your permission to tell my story, my truth.

Some names and identifying details have been changed to protect the privacy of individuals. This is possibly a work of fiction, but it is the author's story regardless. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are the products of the author's imagination and may be used in a fictitious manner and does not require your explicit consent to tell their version of their story.

No comments:

Post a Comment