Sunday, December 6, 2020

Big Distraction Pt. 2

I set intentions, lit the sage, cracked some windows North, West, South. Willed you up the stairs, through the door, follow the breeze and/or my smoke signals. 


Hear your name on the tip of my tongue. Feel the heat of too much too fast like a raging fire. I don’t know how to want small. I don’t know how to tone down a sensory experience from “fever dream” to “background music.” Theres not a dial on me anywhere like a volume setting on your dash. I’ve never been able to “enjoy” in moderation.

I want more. Now. Fast, loud, a rip tide that doesn’t let me back up for air.

I hold my breath letting your hands speak, I breathe in I breathe in I breathe in and my lungs are on fire. My eyes are saucers, black cat dilated, hungry for more. You signal release and all life radiates from here.

“We broke so many rules.” I draw my finger down the stress of your forehead, willing them to calm. Down the strong defiance of the bridge of your nose, I rest my fingertip on the bow of your lips. The nerves electric between the silhouette of your lips and the skin of my fingers. This is Vegas, baby, Dubai. Foreign and aggressively blinding. 

Waves upon waves. I am overcome with gratitude and pleasure like a hot white light warming my hands on your mouth, I know words are in there and I look and look “cold, warmer, hot, hotter, you’re there you’re on fire can’t you feel that? Can't you hear me say your name?”

The bones of you are support beams; there are earthquakes but you’re made for aftershocks.  You hold me together, scooped up into you. Big hands like Atlas, you look into me like I’m your world. My hair winds through your fingers. Burnt by the sun and this drought, corn silks kissing your cheeks; lips cooling the sun streaming from my chest.

There are moans caught in my throat stuck like stones making it hard to swallow, speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment