Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Messages in bottles.

Sometimes I send texts to boys I know will never respond.

Now that travel restrictions are loosening, I want to hop a plane to you and say fuck it to the whole world. I want to close my eyes tight and squeeze your hand in mine and then open them under a blanket fort at some shady ass hotel at two in the afternoon. Time will cease to exist in the 36 hours of you + me time.


I can envision dusty sun beams trickling through gaps in our fort. I’ll cry happy sad tears and you’ll kiss my shoulders and pull me close to you so our hearts can whisper secrets to each other,


You’ve crossed my mind at least once a day ever since the last time you’ve held me.


Sometimes when I close my eyes and press my face into the inside neck of my sweatshirt I can smell you even when you’re hundreds of miles away.


I will probably never know another fully absorbed unconditional love like the love I’ve held captive for you ever again.


I want you to write the ending to my daydream. I want your hands sweaty and shaking to reveal what you want, need, desire. Let your heart open up and flood the earth with all the love you’ve ever smooshed down deep inside. Let it out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment