Sunday, February 21, 2021

The Secrets We Keep.

What would I know about the human who’s supposed to be my best friend making large dramatic exits from our home only to reappear hours later?


What would I know about about being gaslit and blamed for their bad behavior?


What would I know about getting picked on by the one person I sacrificed my body for and fighting for their mental health while losing my own?


What would I know about working myself to death in the name of carrying my family through one financial crisis after another?


What would I know about sheltering my children from their father’s breakdowns and dangerous behavior? 


What would I know about crying out for help and calling off the guards because I didn’t want people to know about what happened behind closed doors?


What would I know about having to call the crisis line without hesitation for my own child because I saw what lack of intervention would lead to?


What would I know about biting my lip and closing my eyes to dial 911 on a family member because they were no longer just a danger to themselves?


What would I know about having CPTSD because I loved someone blindly and thought I could save them?


What would I know? Apparently... nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment