Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A Poem For My Valentine.

This is all Mama Kat's fault. Prompt choice? A poem for my Valentine. Oh Husband, prepare yourself!

When we first met,
I couldn't quite get,
The thought of you out of my mind.

I called you my "Hottie,"
Your SMOKIN' body,
And girl, check out that behind!

You dyed your hair blue,
I bid you adieu,
Over frappuccinos I sent you away.


My love left me speechless,
My heart broke in pieces,
You moved back with a Girlfriend one day.

No more drinking and poker,
That Girlfriend? Could have choked her.
She's lucky to have run out of sight.

You moved in with me,
We went to a party,
You held my hand in the night.

We were poor from the start,
but with you in my heart,
I vowed to be your wife.

Tiny heartbeats we grew,
I no longer flew,
THIS is the meaning of life.

74 more years,
Throughout laughter and tears,
I'll stand by you, hand in hand.

One day maybe,
the ocean again we shall see,
with our toes buried deep in the sand.

10 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous. And funny. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, I was gonna do the poem but it was all screw Valentine's Day, I hate Valentine's Day, buy me chocolate and I'll stab you, so...74 more years is good. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm completely down with the chocolate. ANY time of day of course, doesn't have to be Valentine's Day... but it DOES have to be the good stuff!

      I'd stab him if he brought me flowers. I don't do flowers unless they're potted and meant for nurturing. Why on earth would anyone want flowers grown specifically for slaughtering and paying $$$$ for?!?!? It's beyond me. "Here you go honey, they're beautiful, but they'll die sometime in the next 5-7 days."

      Delete
  3. Awwww!!!! That was WAY better than mine. So romantic--sigh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, way corny! But thanks for the compliment. :)

      Delete
  4. Oh how I adore the tiny heartbeats grown. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked it!!! I'm not normally a poet. :)

      Delete