Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I'm VERSATILE!

Gina over at "Does Anyone Care What I Write?" sent me a cryptic comment on my last blog about a little nugget of treasure she'd left for me on her blog. I was skeptical and kind of scared, but after a lot of hand holding and klonopin, I clicked the link. SHE NOMINATED ME FOR "THE VERSATILE BLOGGER" AWARD!!! Is she the sweetest thing ever or WHAT?

I've been the blogger equivalent of "Facebook Stalking" Gina for a few months now. She happens to hang out on some of my favorite blogs, so this is going to be super difficult to nominate other fabulous Bloggers for! Thank you, Gina, ridiculously awesome. Because you've lived my life and survived, I have much to learn from you! First of all, how do you potty train an unstable, stubborn 3 year old Diva? I'll let you mull on that for a bit.

The Rules for The Versatile Blogger Award
1. Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass this award along to 15 recently discovered blogs you enjoy reading.
4. Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.

 
7 things about myself? I figured you'd all be tired of my antics by now! Let's see...

  1. I stopped wearing acrylic nails sometime during my pregnancy with my first child when I came to the realization that, OMG, this thing inside of me is going to poop. A LOT. What happens if I get it under my nails and can't wash the smell out?!?!?? I haven't had my nails painted and have kept my nails almost too short for the past 5 years. When the peanut finally has that lightbulb moment that it is gross to have her own fecal matter plastered to her butt until she allows someone to change her, THAT'S when I'll get my nails back. I miss them.
  2. My skinny pants are baggy. I shouldn't be complaining, but this whole weight loss thing is seriously killing my bank account.
  3. I used to craft all the freaking time. I was a glue gun wielding MACHINE. But right now? My craft room is in a serious state. I can't even say it's disorganized. It's just... it just is. I miss the smell of a freshly opened bottle of Mod Podge.
  4. I want to Homeschool my children... but right now it's just an idea that's been mulling around in my head for over a year. We have fabulous schools here and to say Lo loves being around people all day would be a serious understatement.
  5. I don't like watching movies in the theater. I don't have any great reasons why I don't, I just don't.
  6. I sell Scentsy and I'm currently doing a fundraiser for my kids preschool. I'm also spending the next three days working a booth for this fundraiser at a local consignment sale... where I'm also consigning and volunteering. I'm in a state of "WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP PANIC ALARM THIS IS NOT A DRILL!!!" So go buy something? Or don't? No pressure. Just remember, it's for the kids. Do you want to be that person who doesn't support the kids? Not just my kids, but all the kids in the best preschool on the planet? DO YOU??? Don't worry, that link goes directly to the fundraiser party page. You're welcome.
  7. I'm so ready for summer. SO ready. But, I only have one request for Mother Nature. I just want it to snow ONCE. Just one snow day, please! My kids need a snow day gosh darnit!
As for the 15 Bloggers I just started publicly following? Outside of Gina, I just started following:
  1. Beckie from "From Hello to Hooah."
  2. Lindsey from "like a hamster on a wheel."
  3. Emery Jo from "moms are for everyone!"
  4. Namaste By Day
  5. Not Just Another Mother Blogger!
  6. Single Mom in the South
  7. The (not always) Lazy W
  8. Taradon from "The Six of Us: Stories from the Shields Family."
  9. This Domestic Life
  10. we are our sister's keeper
  11. Whit from "whitticisms."
  12. {rainy saturday}
I don't have 15. BUT! It's only because most of my favorite people have already been nominated. This means you, Arneyba and Miss M!!!

So go ahead, ladies! Grab the image and tell us a little about yourselves!!!

13 comments:

  1. I am smiling so very hard. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And wait! The theatre! I have GOT to go to the theatre. Not opening weekend, but I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE going to the movies. I even go alone (b/c then I can overbutter and salt up the popped corn just the way I like it without little hands all in it).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. You're very welcome!!! Stay motivated in your writing, I truly do enjoy reading about your wild family!!!

      Delete
  4. Arneyba, you should feel honored!!! TWO nominations? Maybe more I don't know about?!?? And enjoy your theater time. Nothing beats the comfort of my own couch with some warm buttery caramel corn!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is exactly why I gave you this award! You make me laugh! I can't wait to check out the websites you awarded. Me thinks I will like as well.

    Bribe her!

    Yea for the baggy jeans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have TRIED bribing her!!! She was the one who TAUGHT HER BROTHER how to go on the potty over a year and a half ago. She pulled her diaper off, climbed up and WENT both #1 AND #2. We were ecstatic! AND THEN SHE NEVER DID IT AGAIN.

      And yes, YEA FOR BAGGY JEANS!!!

      Delete
  6. I'm totally blushing right now. My husband was all, "Do you want to watch a movie?" And I was like, "SHUT UP, SOMEONE LIKES ME!" I think he thinks I'm having an internet affair... But thank you! I love, love, love your blog, though I don't get to comment as frequently as I'd like (mostly because I read at work...), so I'm very honored and totally pleased. Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally feel honored!!! You're AMAZING! Glad, I'm your innernet lovah!!!

      Delete
  7. OMG! My very first blogger award by one of my most favorite blog authors!!! I adore you I have yo know and can not wait to do this! Yay!! Thank you so much!! :D You! Have made my day :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'M adored??? Girl, you made MY day! Can't wait for this weekend to finally be over so I can catch up o. Everyone's follow up posts!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. I've missed you too, ma'am! Can't wait to read up on your travels!!!

      Delete