Friday, February 17, 2012

Hello!

This is your exhaustion speaking! For English, press 1! Para espanol, marque número dos!

I like to freak people out when they call me by answering in my Mr. Movie Phone voice. It especially bothers my Mother... which is kind of the whole point. It's funny to hear her confusion as to whether or not she should respond seriously or not. Considering my Grandfather answers his calls with church hymns and Christmas carols, I couldn't possibly tell you where I get this trait from. No clue at all!

Last night I set both alarms in the bedroom for 6 a.m., I fell asleep shortly after 1. Do you see where this is going yet? Sometime between 1 and 6, I ended up crawling into bed with Logan. At 6:15 I shot up out of bed, startled my sleeping child and made up an excuse that Mommy had to potty. Thank goodness it was still dark enough outside for him to take the bait as he insisted I sleep in my own bed. Thanks, kid. I don't snore THAT bad, do I???

I had to be at today's consignment sale to man my Scentsy booth no later than 7:45. This is normally the time I wake up, even on the kids school days. To sum up how I physically feel right now after waking an hour and a half early on maybe 5 hours of sleep and having worked on my feet for three sales in 8 hours as merely exhausted would be a terrible understatement. I physically feel as if I'm about to fall over should the wind blow just right.

Tomorrow I get to do it all over again. But! It's also half price day for the consignment portion of the sale, which means better chances of spreading the word about my Scentsy business and the School's fundraiser. There is a good deal of light at the end of my tunnel. Specifically since my booth is parked right next to the sweetest girl ever who just so happens to make Nutella cupcakes. Swoon.

Till tomorrow, my lovelies!

6 comments:

  1. My parents had a friend, a state trooper no less, who took great pleasure in the days before caller id, in calling the house, disguising his voice and giving my sister and me the run-around. He was so upset when we were old enough to catch on. He'd start and we'd yell, "Moooommm, it's Trooper Dan!" (Yes, everyone had a label, Trooper Dan, Neighbor Mary... thank goodness for the south where everyone is just Miss Mary or Mr Dan!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had labels for everyone as well, are we from the same family??? ;) normally it was my grandfather calling and disguising his voice.

      Delete
  2. Send one of those cupcakes this way.

    Granddaughter like Grandfather, maybe? Always funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh absolutely, let me get right on sending you a cupcake! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was all kinds of interested, scanning about Scentsy, and then you had me with Nutella cupcakes. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Nutella cupcakes were TOO DIE FOR. And then she came back with Peanut Butter Cup cupcakes the next day. My fat girl is trying to take over! I even thought about doing my own crazy cupcake thing at the next sale. :/ Like I need to be surrounded with 150 cupcakes. NOT SO MUCH.

      Delete