Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Back to School... Back to School...

Show my Dad I'm not a fool! The kids went back to Pre-K today, so I'm kind of... um... alone? And it's quiet? I suppose I could do dishes or something. Or shower. A shower sounds nice. Or I could do a multitude of things off my to-do list. So many options in just a 2 hour period! Instead I chose blogging. Aren't YOU lucky! The little creeps were ready to go back, more ready than I was for them to go. They're ready for show and tells, field trips, lunch bunch days (extended days), being with their friends friends and MORE friends. Kinda makes ME want to go back to school.

Place your hands on the wall and spread 'em!

The littlest creep was extra sassy today. Wanting to wear her new outfit her Gamma got her for Christmas with her "barkley" shoes. I may or may not need to stock up on all options of sparkly shoes in the next few sizes as she's about worn the glitter off the tips of these and she can't live without them (ANY of her sparkly shoes... yes, she does own more than one pair.) Not sure why Lo wanted to show off his backpack or why they chose to stand on their chairs, but they're (almost) 3 and 4 so I don't tend to question their logic very often. I miss them. I might have to just go sit in the car till it's time to pick them up.
Also? I woke up with this in my head:



8 comments:

  1. I used to have a pair of red, sparkly shoes that I LOVED. I used to pretend they were from the Wizard of Oz. Something about little girls and sparkly shoes :) Hope you got that shower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh CRAP. Totally forgot about the shower. Looks like I'll have to finish my filing in the morning. :) Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, we cannot live without sparkly shoes here! Yes, stock up in many colors and the next 2-3 sizes up! Especially if they go on clearance. I wanted Amelia to wear some sneakers once in a while, and we searched all over for some she'd agree to wear. Ended up with, guess what? Sparkles. Fab-u-lous!

    Also, it's funny how much we miss our little ones when we also complain about absolutely NO "me" time. She's like my right arm! When she's gone, something feels missing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tax time is gonna be extra sparkly in this house. :) I do miss my kids terribly when they're not here. The house is just TOO quiet. The peanut is my right arm, even when I'm trying to pry her off with a crowbar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get it. I spent the first day when my kid went back to school just sitting quietly by myself. I even took a bubble bath. Very decadent. Hope you let yourself indulge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Life with them is definitely anything but boring. Fun is the norm around these parts. ;) Glad you enjoyed it. I've missed you!

      Delete