Thursday, June 18, 2020

Exfoliating old wounds.

Thank you for the Father's Day gift. It is very beautiful and so very needed right now. Thank you.
You're welcome. I felt weird making it for you (a collage picture of him with the kids), but I know that at least for me it was important knowing that some part of you did exist during those years. I could not imagine walking away and not having any physical evidence.
I have tried so very hard to find him so I don't destroy something beautiful for a second time. That's probably too little too late. But for what it's worth, I am sorry. I am sorry for the monster I became. I am sorry for the way I treated you and the children. Y'all deserve better than that.
I can't be crying at work.
Sorry.
Don't apologize, whatever... just help me fix what that part of you broke in our kids


I have been an emotional wreck this morning. Their father? He's human. He was also (is also still?) rooted deep inside my heart because of our three smallish humans. Or maybe I care because he's simply HUMAN and hating him or ignoring whatever pain he's going through would be INhuman. 
The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ Matthew 25:40
Lord knows everything is temporary, EVERYTHING. The happiness you have today can be gone tomorrow and vice versa. You could wake up one morning as I did a little over 3 years ago and discover that everything you thought you knew was a lie. Everything is temporary. Except for God's love and mercy, and who am I to judge another human? Who am I to treat someone as if they're beneath me, even when I feel most days they are my enemy? Did I not create three beautiful children with this person? Did I not vow so many years ago to love them through sickness and health till death do we part? Regardless of vows broken, I still grieve the spouse I believed I had.

However, I know my limits... and I know that if I start opening my heart to my fellow human as a friend instead of my hand to lift them up, I will fall back into that hole of despair myself. I'm worth more than that, as are they. So I voiced my concern and reminded him that he's survived 100% of every other downward spiral he's plummeted into, that we've both survived him. And because our track record looks so good?

We can and will do it again, just not together.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment