Wednesday, August 17, 2011

How does your garden grow?

I'll admit, I've had little to no hand in the garden this year as my business was blowing up big time when planting began. But now, at the tail end of Summer, we've all pitched in some to help ye olde man with picking and eating and planting the fall crops. Today the kids ran out back with the Husband and my Grandfather to plant onions and lettuce and when I finally drug my old bones up the stairs and out into the backyard, I found this ridiculously adorable scene.


11 comments:

  1. That is beautiful. That will be a picture she cherishes as an adult! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's about 80 years and three generations between them. I think that's what makes it even sweeter. That, and I was the first Grandchild he did this with and she (my Daughter) is his youngest Great-Grandchild. It's been both frustrating and wonderful to be here to help him and to give him the two greatest (little) gifts we can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is completely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to tell you that this photo makes me teary. This is the stuff that makes it all worthwhile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They make me teary too, more because my Grandmother isn't present to enjoy all of this as well. I'm sure she's still getting to see it all though from wherever she is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ADORE THIS PICTURE. It makes my heart and tears swell.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Doesn't it though? Her hair... HER HAIR... it's just so, painted-y and portrait worthy. The way he's nesting her on his lap and guiding the water hose... SERIOUSLY.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This picture is unreal with all the sweetness it oozes. Thanks for stopping by, I hope you know you are always more than welcome to come back. :)

    ReplyDelete