Thursday, August 25, 2011

Grateful.

I am grateful for the roof over my head and that the person who provides that roof shouldn't have to, but he does anyway.
I am grateful for the food that graces our table every day.
I am grateful for my Husband who tries so hard to do right by us and loves us to the moon and back ten times over.
I am grateful to be a parent to two amazing children who don't seem to notice what a horrible job I'm apparently doing by quite a few standards.
I am grateful that while they are not free from prejudice and preconceived notions, they still thrive.
I am grateful that I have not had to work a 9-5 job these past 4 years.
I am grateful that I have a family who is supportive of my decisions.
I am grateful that I have friends of whom I can question myself and my decisions to and they are honest and sometimes brutally so.
I am grateful for the many options available to us when it comes to giving our children a solid education that is chosen after many late night discussions and research.
I am grateful that I live in a country that allows me freedom of speech and religion so I can do and say what I've determined to be right by myself and my family.
I am grateful that I've always been able to see both (or all in some cases) sides of a story and not only see the cons, despite how pessimistic I may be.
I am grateful for libraries that offer literature unbiased towards any one particular topic.
I am grateful for the internet and it's endless researching capabilities.
I am grateful for any and all support I can get even when I hate asking for it outright.
I am grateful to get up in the morning to Logan who couldn't wait to tell me about the new girl in school and how much he loves her and wants to marry her (despite the fact that he couldn't remember her name.)
I am grateful that I was able to see Lillie do an interpretive dance on the life cycle of a flower. Born to blossom, bloom to perish!
I am grateful that my Husband was one of the few, if not the only victim, who DIDN'T have their identity stolen during the beginning of what we thought was going to be the answer to quite a few prayers.
I am grateful that I am alive and breathing.
I am grateful that you and I can have different opinions and yet it's ok, no really, it is!
I am grateful.

6 comments:

  1. This is such a great post! An important reminder to all of us that we have so much to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I like that what I'm thankful for might not be something YOU would be grateful for. Everyone's situation is different, and yet we are all so very lucky - even if we don't realize it 99.9% of our day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm grateful for blogland, where I can meet interesting people and get some insight to help me realize how grateful I really am!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen... I bet you sure are grateful you don't have to worry about other people's poop habits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good to see someone whos grateful for the things many of us take for granted. Great post!

    -Paul

    www.mostlygrocery.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. When it's almost all you've got left, you're pretty grateful for it. Guess I should have also said that I'm grateful for any sanity I have left.

    ReplyDelete