Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Day 1.

Today was my first day at work. AT WORK. Y'all! Mama got a job! Hopefully this explains my hiatus from NaBloPoMo. I feel like I'm quitting all my writing goals, but I'm super happy right now. I HAVE MY OWN DESK AND AN ENDLESS SUPPLY OF OFFICE SUPPLIES. It is an "office supply junky's" dream. I'm loving what I do, and it's only. day. one. My 30x30 list just keeps looking better and better.

  1. Meet with my people. Not like Jesus, but more like my fellow bloggers... maybe even smoosh cheeks European style with the ones I put up on a pedestal. Met the Bloggess 5/16
  2. Run 30k by New Years. (Currently at 6.6: Color Run 5k, All Aboard for a Cure 1 Mile/1.6k)
  3. Get back into a career style job.
  4. Move out of the basement. June 22nd 2012.
  5. Take the kids to the beach, any coast will do.
  6. Really celebrate my marriage and relationship with my best friend, i.e. family might need to avert their eyes.
  7. Pilgrim back to the Drepung Loseling Monestary in it's new (to me) location.
  8. Yoga. And YES, M.... I'm going to need your help on this one because this one is inspired by YOU.
  9. Read 30 novels. (1, Jenny Lawson's "Let's Pretend This Never Happened." 2, Rebecca Woolf's "Rockabye.")
  10. Lose 30 MORE pounds. (Update, I'm at 65 pounds lost as of 7/31/12... 15 more to meet my goal.)
  11. Quit smoking.
  12. Spend more time in my craft room and less time in the kitchen. 
Things are getting better every day. There's a huge opportunity with the work I'm doing right now, that we can move out sooner than later. Like, if I wanted to move out tomorrow, I totally could. But there's this little thing called "change" that I require a slow adaptation to in order not to completely LOSE MY MIND AND HOLY PANIC ATTACK, BATMAN!!! So slowly goes it as of now. We'll see how I feel about it next week.

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. YAY INDEED!!! Thanks to THIS particular job, I will be marking #4 off my list shortly after the first of July. ((Starts packing books up... again...))

      Delete
  2. Now this is exciting!! Love your good news Tiff, love your positive energy and forward movement!! : ) So happy for your new job., I imagine the change of scenery will be super energizing, not to mention the endless supply of office goodies!! LOL
    Hey cool beans on the 30 x 30 idea. I may have to swipe that.
    Yoga... if you make it to the farm any time soon, and M comes too, we shall visit the Yoga Meadow.
    xoxo take care Momma!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could have DEFINITELY used the Yoga Meadow today. The insanity of this week; taking on a new job in a field I've never even dabbled in, leaving the kids for 9 hours a day EVERY day for my first week of training, simply exhausting and overwhelming. I need some ZEN, stat!

      I found the glorious closet full of post its and label makers today. I pretty much died right there on the spot. Pens? Don't mind if I do! My desk needs 4,208 of them! Post its? Pink please!

      Delete
  3. Hot damn and congratufuckinglations! You will still feel fantastic about it next week b/c we'll all still be here rooting you on, scary gotta hold on to the desk before I scream, hope nobody walks over here before I can put on more deodorant feelings and all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, you have GOT to quit drinking on the job! How many times do I have to tell you? I will feel fanfuckingtastic about finally getting into my rhythm in the office and having 3 days off in a row next week before I start my REAL schedule. BTW, Toms of Maine has a seriously amazing unscented all natural deodorant. I bought it on a whim and I am STILL surprised that all I smell is skin and not BO after showing rentals to 82 guests every day in the hot Georgia sun.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on the new job!! Hope it goes great for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm so psyched I can barely stand it. And we're on day... (counting) five as of tomorrow.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on your new job and the list is awesome especially the spending more time with your honey!!! Keep us posted and keep feeling good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I (figuratively) slipped and got overwhelmed today, but I know it's all par for the course and something I will have to manage on a day to day basis. I still love it and I'm definitely feelin' good!!!

      Delete
  6. That is awesome girl! I hope you love it always!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your new job! I am so glad that things are heading in the right direction for you, and I hope it continues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, if we go back into that constant circling I'm pretty sure I'll jump off the roof nekkid and hopefully drunk so we can blame it on the alcohol. I'm so ready to move forward. SO ready. I've already got boxes waiting at a friends house so I can start packing.

      Delete