Sunday, August 7, 2011

Atlanta? We have a problem.

Good Morning, class!!! So we're trying something new around these parts (if you haven't figured that out already.) We're dipping our toes into learning at home... as in yes, homeschooling. For those of you who know me, you know I have little to no patience. You might also know that I need moments of silence to regroup/meditate/up my sanity levels. I am learning disabled at times and teaching? PSHHH... So we're going to take our craftiness to new levels. We're attempting to learn alongside our projects. I am in NO WAY committing myself to teaching my children full time, I am NOT committing myself to being their full time educator... I am simply trying this out to see if it fits.

So on THAT note. Let's gather up our supplies and see what we got here. This upcoming week we will be dabbling in outer space. We've been watching clips on youtube, mainly checking out some old school "Magic School Bus." As seen here and here. Dude. If nothing else, you need to re-watch because OMGRALPHIETAKESHISHELMETOFFINSPACE. Don't you know you will DIE if you take your helmet off? Way to go, Ralphie, WAY TO GO.

I'm using this Preschool pack to go alongside what we're learning. I'll be making the moon and astronauts into Popsicle stick puppets today seeing as it is RAINY and it was supposed to be POOL DAY, GOSH DARN IT. Gotta do something instead of sulking all day, right? Last week I kind of hinted to the kids that we'd be learning about outer space and we got some of Gigi's well meant craft supplies (that woman had good intentions for all KINDS of crafts before she passed away... we'll save that for ANOTHER post.) And with everything together, Mama made a "planet" mobile, which will of course end up working well with Logan's Toy Story bedroom. Hello? Buzz Lightyear anybody?

Me paintin', Mama!


My little mobile teaser... What? Did you think you were gonna get to see the final product? Shoot, no! Not yet anyways!


So yes, this IS explore the universe week and comments are completely open for any and all suggestions for what this Mama can do to work some actual learning into our activities. Anybody? Anybody? Bueller?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the heads up on the Comet thing. You know how I am with outer space and DOOOOOOOOM! Not a good combo for me. ;) I just added the NASA kid's club page to my ever growing home school bookmarks folder.

    Cartersville is a bit of a hike for us, but it's been in the back of my mind for some time now. Might have to highjack my Dad into driving us up there. Too bad this weekend was THE weekend for BoA free museums. BOOOO!!! Thanks for commenting, btw, glad that for once I'm not the one feeling like a creeper every time I read your blog. Just because I don't comment doesn't mean I'm not squeeeeealing with joy over the cuteness that IS your kids. :)

    ReplyDelete