Thursday, April 13, 2023

Where is my heart?

My heart is a Pandora's box of names, places and comforting trinkets and talismans. My heart swells and radiates all the love it's ever received and all the love it has yet to give. It is passionate, unconditional and empathetic... and because it is truly human, it aches for all the love it has left behind or been denied.

My love is in Orange County California with a teenage fever dream of a surfer boy.

My love is on Hunter's Glen falling from my lips to the lips of my first true love in an old beat up pickup truck.

My love is the sweat on my skin as I learned the burn of passion with the boy who'd traveled the whole world before he laid eyes on me.

My love travels space and time, bouncing around from Great Falls Montana, Naples Florida to Canon City Colorado and beyond the confines of the nation.

My love is in the inches between my heart and the heart of the man who would father our children; bodies pressed together daring the world to pry us apart.

My love is the sweet babies breath and intoxicating scent of new life in each of my children.

My love is the butterflies in my belly when my brain leaves the room, silly and drunk on flatteries.

My love is on the sidelines watching it all unfold, yelling at my heart to slow down and protect itself but my heart never listens.

No comments:

Post a Comment