Saturday, December 17, 2011

Unplugged.

It's been a fairly odd week for me. I had two interviews, one of which never ended up happening and the kids and I have been hammering out cookies, cocoas and handmade gifts this week. Needless to say, we're all floating on a sugar high and glitter simply plumes up around us with each step we take across the living room. I'll be posting regularly again by Monday. Until then... you've been instagrammed!

 5 batches of Cocoa. Classic, Mocha and Peppermint. Oh... and then there's Mama's little crack baby.

 We had to open up a SECOND bag. Your explanation is the chocolate all over her mouth.

 We also opened Grammie and Papa's gifts this week. It's the only way I can keep my Husband from opening all the gifts under the tree. He's worse than the children. His excuse this year was that his Brother had already told him what he had got... meaning his Brother is just as bad as him. Lo believes that this shirt turns him into Marvel's Wolverine... I don't have the heart to tell him otherwise. And yes, that IS a naked Brenda from the original "90210" barbie on our coffee table. And yes, she used to be mine. One day we're gonna get her some clothes, but until then she's just the hussy Barbie of the group.

 Lillie LOVED her sweater from Grammie. Before she even got it out of the box she squealed because it was the same as the blankie Grammie made her before she was born... So basically now she can get away with having her "blankie" with her always. Or at least until she grows out of it.

 Ok, so looking past the horrific toenails. Multiply that number by 2. My scale is ridiculous. That number is fabulous. I'm ok with that number. I haven't SEEN that number since I got married. And then I finished putting my makeup on and interviewed for a job where they sell over 1,000 cupcakes a day. I may or may not be a little masochistic.

 Cupcakes be damned, I bought a pair of jeans immediately after in a size I haven't worn since before my son was born... 4 1/2 years ago. That is an amazing feeling, LET ME TELL YOU.

The day of the second interview? I get halfway there and they call me to tell me the position had been filled for an entire week. I got up before 6 for this interview. At least the Husband appreciated all the effort it took for me to look presentable.

Also... there's this:


Couldn't find an official video, so here you go with the Karaoke version! I think this might be my new favorite Christmas song. I may not be super religious, but maybe as a Mother this song touches me in ways I can't even explain. Seriously people, I can't sing along without leaking from my eyeballs. Enjoy. :)

2 comments:

  1. Sayyy...you're looking pretty hot! You're an inspiration to me to get off my backside and start my own weight loss journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!!! I'm glad to have inspired SOMEONE. :) I've lost my momentum thanks to the Holidays and an experiment with Nutella Fudge. Counting the days till Santa (i.e. my Mama) drops off my new Elliptical.

    ReplyDelete