Thursday, December 8, 2011

Two tubes of super glue later...


Let's make a Tea Wreath! What's that, you ask? Why it's a cutesy little wreath with tea! LOTS OF TEA! I saw this idea on, you're never gonna guess... PINTEREST!!! Kojo Designs has a pretty sweet little website, and I hope I do her wreath justice. Mine's a little more plain than hers (see yesterday's post about my MIA glue gun.) A certain family member of mine was asking me about tea and how she'd never really experienced different kind of teas outside of regular old southern style sweet tea. I decided to remedy this. If she's reading this, I sure hope she can act surprised on Christmas Day!

To make a Tea Wreath, you'll need:

-two pieces of 12x12ish cardboard (I used some board I had saved from some linens purchased earlier this year)
-patterned paper that compliments your kitchen decor (Used some fancy cat paper I was smitten with from Michael's it was the last piece I could find)
-clothes pins (I used 16)
-hot glue (or in my case, super glue)
-ribbon for hanging

 So frickin' cute!!!

 Step 1: Trace two circles onto your board, I used a pasta pot lid and a c.d. (what's a c.d. again???) Trace the circles onto your fancy paper and snip slits to wrap around the board for a more seamless appearance.

Step 2: Mod Podge the slips down and let dry. 

 Step 3: Glue clothespins evenly spaced across the front of the wreath and the ribbon on the back. Once they're dry/hardened, add your tea to the pins. Overlap all fancy like. Your recipient will love it. I also slipped little creamers and (light bulb) fancy flavored Splenda packets. 

Chai, Black Tea, Jasmine Green, Vanilla Tea, Chamomile, the works, y'all! See you all again tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. FABULOUS!!!!! feeling like a brew right now!!!! i'll take Chai : ) hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very particular about my Chai! I'm hoping she likes it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks FANTASTIC- you did a great job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah!!! You replied!!! I almost never get responses from the authors of blogs linked back to. I'm honored that you like it! :) ((However, I picked up the ribbon this morning to see it in all it's glory on the wall, and can you believe I TOTALLY glued the ribbon in the wrong place? MORTIFIED! Looks like I'll be carefully peeling and regluing later today!))

    ReplyDelete