Sunday, February 26, 2012

Pockets full of stones...

I'm drifting in and out of dreamworld. Which oddly enough, I've got a wicked bout of insomnia tonight. I'm allowing my fingers to take me to far away places, searching for real estate in foreign lands. Feeling the cool tile under my toes in Spain. Running my hands along the warm earthen walls in India. Smelling the sweet, musky air in Japan. Tasting the rain in England. Running free through fields in Australia.

I want to go, I want to run. I need to feel the air pulsing in and out of me. I need...

Security, stability, ability.

I'm so weighted down with responsibility and worry today that I feel like I'm sinking deep in the ocean instead of upright and rooted on the land beneath my feet.

I don't want, anymore, to feel as if I'm choking and gasping for air. Instead, I want to feel that air burning in my lungs, alive.

I need to be somewhere that drips with comfort and peace.

6 comments:

  1. Comfort and peace. Hmmm. Don't know either of those bitches. They haven't been around in so long that I figured they died. I do, however, send you good vibes for getting up and out when you can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping they're not dead! They're mere acquaintances for me as well, I don't *know* them as well as I ought to.

      Delete
  2. "Drips with comfort and peace..." what a beautiful phrase! I love your foreign daydreams. And I wish you all those dreams come true! It starts in your heart. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been practicing opening my heart through yoga, now to apply it to my every day life.

      Delete
  3. I, too, believe all the comfort and peace you need lies within. However, you gotta shuddup the other bitches before you can really hear it.

    I sends you loves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gots your loves. Thank you! And those bitches need to have their kneecaps popped.

      Delete