Thursday, February 23, 2012

A day in the life...

Mama Kat's asking what a normal day is around these parts. Because I am currently covered in months of dust and just finished putting away Christmas stuff (I know... I KNOW...) we're going to do a hodgepodge of pictures from the past few weeks and compile them into "Mama's Average Day." You're welcome.

 Princess Leia will at some point call "C-P-P-O" on her phone and give him "diwections." Directions to what, there's never any telling.

 Logan will wrestle with Moose and inevitably wear the dog out before he wears himself out, which never actually happens.

 I will attempt to organize work stuff or work on orders. As you can tell, she's very helpful.

 Many sheets of printer paper will be stolen from the printer for masterpieces such as the one above. That's Boba Fett (sp?) and a bounty hunter in case you weren't up on your Star Wars dudes.

 I will attempt to play mind numbing games of "Swiped" and "Mahjong" on my phone and instead end up with 5,982 pictures on instagram. Upon sitting down with my phone the kids will immediately sense that I am not busy and climb me like little spider monkeys. "What are you playing?" "Will you sit with me?" "Can I sit with YOU?" "Can I have a snack?" "But I prooooomise to eat the entire cheese stick this time!" "Why is this door locked?" "Moooom, moooooom, MOOOOOOOOOM!"

Dinner will get made, kids will go to bed, and I will be lost for the rest of the night, because what was I doing in the first place? Helicopter?

10 comments:

  1. I'm lost every night and my day isn't nearly this frantic. I am giggling very hard at C-P-P-O.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frantic is my middle name. ;) And I giggle at C-P-P-O too, I don't even bother to correct her anymore.

      Delete
  2. Cutey kids! Love the pictures. Sometimes I miss the fun (needy) times from when they were little but I'm probably too old now to have as much patience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try and only see the fun times, but they ARE 3 and 4... so needy is pretty much an all day thing around here. I'm always surprised by how much patience I actually have.

      Delete
  3. Boba Fett, huh? I've seen that guy before! Gorgeous kids and great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son is OBSESSED with Star Wars right now. I actually bought the junk cereal because OMGSTARWARSPENS. Thanks for the compliment, I'm pretty partial to them myself. :)

      Delete
  4. I love this post. We lead surprisingly similar lives...Star Wars and all. Found you thanks to Mama Kat. I'll definitely be dropping by again (Please take that as a compliment...not as a threat!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, girl. I ain't afraid of no stalkers. I got kids with lightsabers!

      Delete
  5. LOVE it! Never quit Instagram, I live vicariously through you. I finally did this prompt today, almost a week late! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I'm here for!!! Will have to go check out your "day in the life..." I'm smitten with your buffalo and other critters. I live variously through YOU!

      Delete