Tuesday, February 7, 2012

30x30


On Friday, I signed up for my very first 5k. I didn't just sign myself up, but I signed up the whole family. Luckily, kids under 8 are free. Logan ran circles around me with excitement. HE CAN'T FREAKING WAIT. ((And neither can I.)) Can you believe that a year ago it would have taken someone chasing me with scissors or other sharp objects to get me up and moving? Sadly, the rest of my "team" couldn't join because no sooner had I signed up the family they Color Run people SHUT DOWN registration. We were very lucky to register in time! And I'm so glad, because there's nobody I'd rather sweat for than Children's Hospital of Atlanta. What a VERY worthy cause! And a colorful one at that!

I know the whole 30x30 thing is cryptic, but I promise we'll talk about it at some point very VERY soon. Let's just say I'm not talking about it because OMG... SO many things on my "responsibilities" plate right now. The whole goal of February was "baby steps." Can you guess who took giant leaps instead?

8 comments:

  1. Way to go! I wish I could get myself so motivated to do this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One day at a time! Only do what you're capable of, your body will catch up. The more you move the more you know what you're REALLY capable of!!!

      Delete
  2. Fantastic. It's great to have a goal like this especially that it was a foreign subject a year ago. Moving forward in baby step, you bet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My "baby" has very long legs apparently!!! It's doing long jumps right now!!! Goals are pretty much my 30x30, but I haven't really announced them yet. They're still in the "maybe" phase. ;)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. They just did this run in Austin! I should have told you about it and then YOU could have done it!!! ;)

      Delete
  4. Good for you and yours!! How exciting, can't wit to hear more! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait till race day!!! You've no idea! There will be so much more to share, pinky promise. ;)

      Delete