Monday, January 16, 2012

Monday, Messy Monday!

You guys. Don't judge. There's a story behind each room, I promise! Hoping to get around to doing this weekly, maybe I can do a few before/afters as well.

 Once upon a time 24 hours ago, I had this room completely organized. Only half the items made it back to their original locations upstairs before Hurricane Lillie came and ruined EVERYTHING. Her idea of picking up toys that she's strewn across the house is to literally through them in the floor. There are THREE perfectly good laundry baskets sitting RIGHT THERE, dear girl. Utilize them.

 The living room in itself is not messy... HOWEVER... There are plenty of items waiting to go back to their respectful homes under the window. The couch has seen better days. Because of the kids and the cat, I'm not allowed to have nice furniture for at least 20 more years. SIGH.

 This? Is my craft room. We moved it over TWO MONTHS AGO to the basement so I could get crafty whenever I wanted. And then I had a nervous breakdown and made the Husband bring it all back upstairs to my little cocoon off the laundry room. I still haven't really put anything back and I'm officially lacking the desk I was using (thanks to Lo) and the sewing table (thanks to my Grandfather) because they've both decided that they needed it more than me. Again, I can't have anything nice until the kids leave home... and even then... There's really no excuse for this. It's been on my to-do list for THREE WEEKS RUNNING if not longer. It just so happens to be the LAST item on my to-do list so that by the time I get to it, I'm pooped.

5 comments:

  1. At least you have kids to explain your messiness. We don't have kids - just us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am OCD about several things, actual day to day messes? Not one of them. Cups have to face a certain way in the cupboard as do packages in the pantry. Towels have to be folded and put away facing a certain direction. Crap on the floor? Forget about it. Once a mess gets beyond your average "mess" I get overwhelmed and shut down. Forget about cleaning it up, let's just shut the door, toss some gasoline on it and burn the place down. The playroom, however, aggravates the snot out of me because it's literally in the heart of the house (well, the basement portion of the house.) In order to get upstairs you HAVE to wade through it. Makes my hair stand on end when the toys are all scattered hear and there..

      Delete
    2. AAAAH HERE AND THERE NOT HEAR AND THERE!!! I promise I'm not literally this ignorant. Yay, meds and exhaustion!

      Delete
  2. I don't have nice furniture either. I want some, but the idea of my four children destroying another couch like they have the one we currently have? Yeah. No.

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I keep getting hand me down furniture from friends who have already put their couches through kids/cats. Again, I can have nice things in 20 years.

      Delete